This is the first part of a three course sequence. Students work on original capstone projects that integrate and synthesize concepts and principles that are taught throughout this program. These capstone projects or practicums are the last courses in the program. This course is an application of IT project management practices where students define and design projects in the areas of IT management, including database, networking and security. Grading is H, S, or U only.
- Demonstrate understanding of the importance of IT Project Planning and Project Management principles.
- Conduct an in-depth research into the latest IT developments and management.
- Create project scope, tasks and accountabilities, perform risk assessment and trade-offs, and establish measures of success.
- Design a complete IT system with database, networking and other available IT design tools.
- Address security issues involved with electronic data transfer.
All previous MSITM core courses needs to be completed before this course.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.