This course provides a solid framework of the concepts, installation, and configuration of a server Operating System (OS). Topics include an understanding of desktop environments used in a server environment, methods of exploring and understanding the OS, and demonstrating system administration tasks and how they are used to provide support for multiple users. This course also describes issues related to security and shows how to automate tasks through shell scripting.
- Explain the basic functions of a server operating system.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the features of an industry standard server-side operating system.
- Demonstrate how to install the Linux operating system.
- Identify how to configure and implement Linux.
- Explain how Linux operates in a client-server environment.
- Demonstrate how to support a multiple user environment.
- Demonstrate how to automate system tasks in Linux.
- Explain how to administer and manage the Linux operating system.
- Recognize the security issues related to Linux.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.