Healthcare information technology lifecycle management and strategic planning; organization and management of informatics support staff and other healthcare professionals to optimize the value from health information technology implementation.
- Analyze health information technologies or solution sets required to support a health organization’s strategic initiatives.
- Identify, collect and synthesize financial, cultural, technical and clinical information to evaluate health information technology projects.
- Evaluate an information technology systems’ projected life cycle, analyze a system’s current status and project its remaining lifecycle.
- Apply financial analysis and budgeting tools to project capital and operating expenses and evaluate a projected return on investment (ROI) of a health technology acquisition and implementation.
- Design plans to affect organizational change for successful adoption of health information technologies.
- Organize and manage informaticists’and technical support staff and collaborate with clinical and financial teams for integrated workflow processes across departments in a healthcare organization.
- Create a vision and strategic plan for adoption and deployment of information technologies and systems in a healthcare organization.
- Evaluate informatics competencies required for specific role functions of health informatics staff.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.