Management and operational theory and practice for contemporary medical group administration, with emphasis on managed care delivery systems.
- Describe the role of medical group practice in the context of US healthcare.
- Evaluate the current and anticipated market forces affecting trends in the medical group practice environment.
- Compare and contrast clinical operations in ambulatory and long-term care facilities.
- Apply principles of financial and managerial accounting to medical group practice, including managed care and both short-range and long-range financial decision making.
- Evaluate a medical group practice facility for safety and functionality.
- Apply principles of human resources management to medical group practice.
- Apply principles of information systems management to a medical group practice.
- Evaluate patient care systems, such as appointment and scheduling systems, to maximize operational effectiveness and patient satisfaction.
- Describe and illustrate the functional relationships between the medical staff, medical director, and administrator of a medical group practice.
- Analyze the operational and legal relationships between physicians in a medical group practice and hospitals.
- Analyze the sources of risk in a medical group practice environment and propose actions for risk management.
- Analyze legal and governance statutes and standards affecting medical group practice and propose actions to achieve and maintain compliance with those statutes and standards.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.