Legal, regulatory, and ethical dimensions of healthcare examined. Development and application of laws and regulations analyzed. Interpretation of uses of policy, law, and regulation changes and needs. Analysis of statutes and court decisions affecting healthcare. Ethical dimensions of healthcare organizations, their personnel and professionals considered.
- Describe how the American legal system works, including civil procedures.
- Interpret statutes and court decisions affecting healthcare.
- Explain how laws and regulations affect the structure and operation of healthcare organizations, including corporate law, tort law, fraud and abuse laws, civil rights, and antitrust laws.
- Assess how law protects patient rights and regulates patient-provider relationships, including informed consent, medical malpractice, confidentiality, treatment termination, advance directives, human reproduction, and obligations to provide care.
- Advocate for laws that promote health policy values and goals.
- Select moral principles and guidelines embedded in healthcare processes and organizations.
- Compare and contrast personal and professional ethical responsibilities and rights.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.