Strategic planning for healthcare organizations based on the analyses of secondary quantitative and qualitative data about technological, social, political, regulatory, and competitive aspects of the healthcare market. Marketing principles and tools for the development of a healthcare organization marketing plan.
- Analyze salient healthcare industry trends for application to strategic planning.
- Strategically evaluate an organization, its present position, long-term direction, resources and competitive capabilities, and its opportunities for sustainable growth.
- Produce a basic analysis of secondary quantitative demographic and competitive data from census and California health planning agency data.
- Generate a healthcare organizational mission statement, vision, objectives and strategic priorities.
- Initiate a strategic planning process, including analyzing the external and internal environment, service competitors, competitive advantage, and formulating directional strategies.
- Explain the elements of an organizational crisis and disaster plan.
- Analyze the factors that contribute to successful joint ventures between physician practices and hospitals (e.g., new physician recruitment; on call coverage of specialists)
- Describe and differentiate the characteristics of strategic decision support (e.g., planning; marketing; modeling; forecasting).
- Describe and differentiate marketing principles and tools (e.g., competitive and market research and data analysis; sales; advertising).
- Understand the purposes and steps involved in a marketing audit and participate in conducting a marketing audit of an organization.
- Initiate the development of a marketing plan for a healthcare organization.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.