Quality Appraisal Evaluation
Theoretical and practical frameworks to facilitate the continuous improvement of quality in healthcare organizations. Includes data collection, data planning and evaluation. Introduces multiple approaches, including strategy and outcome measurement. Team development, analytical statistics, and process knowledge are central themes, along with culture transformation.
- Analyze the concepts and measures of health care quality and patient safety.
- Describe factors leading to a greater emphasis on quality measurement and improvement of care.
- Demonstrate an understanding of tools used in quality measurement and improvement.
- Assess how healthcare delivery models can be evaluated.
- Explain how risk management methods are used to anticipate, prevent and/or solve healthcare issues.
- Integrate quality improvement and evaluation strategies with systems such as Six Sigma.
- Suggest how diverse perspectives can be used to address quality and safety issues in different healthcare organizations.
- Analyze changes to implement in healthcare delivery to achieve the Institute of Medicine’s goals to improve healthcare quality: Safe, timely, effective, equitable, efficient, and patient-centered.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.