Healthcare organization theories and structure, including analyses of managerial functions, relationships, and operations for service delivery. Development of effective service delivery systems. Appreciation of external influences including community, financial institutions, socioeconomic environment, and regulatory agencies. Examination of professional roles, responsibilities, and accountability. Understanding of organizational mission, goals, objectives and priorities.
- Apply general management concepts to a healthcare organization.
- Explain organizational theories and their application to healthcare organizations.
- Analyze managerial functions and relationships for service delivery.
- Evaluate external environment influencing healthcare organizations.
- Assess roles, responsibilities, and accountability of healthcare managers and organizations.
- Explain the influence of organizational mission, goals, priorities, and objectives on service delivery.
- Appraise the influence of regulatory agencies and financial institutions on the organization and activities of healthcare organizations.
- Apply business principles, including systems thinking, to the healthcare environment.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.