Issues in Community Health
US healthcare system overview, including terminology, components of healthcare delivery systems, financing, personnel, regulation, delivery and consumers. Consideration of the effects of public policy on services.
- Identify major trends in the US healthcare system.
- Interpret consequences of key events on professions, organizations and financing of care.
- Differentiate between various healthcare delivery and financing systems.
- Relate changes in access, cost and quality of care to various perspectives and stakeholders.
- Identify concerns of the US healthcare system in the global context.
- Design alternative approaches to address significant health care issues.
- Explain consumer behavior in health services settings.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.