Consideration of healthcare policy and politics. Consideration of the role of federal, state and local government healthcare public policy impact on health services.
- Explain effects of healthcare policies upon existing delivery systems.
- Describe the political, economic, technological and cultural forces that impact healthcare.
- Discuss private policy making influence on quality and delivery of healthcare services.
- Identify access to care issues affecting various population groups in society.
- Name significant aspects of health personnel policies affecting health service delivery.
- Describe factors affecting health insurance reform affecting government, business, and providers and consumers of healthcare.
- Explain the policy implications of managed care services for meeting healthcare needs of society.
- Discuss influences of international healthcare systems on healthcare reform in the U.S.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.