Introduction to contemporary marketing theory, strategies, and implementation processes in healthcare organizations. Focus on identification of market opportunity, communication, planning and promotion, pricing decision-making, and development of distribution channels and service designs. Emphasis on community and not-for-profit marketing concepts.
- Apply appropriate theoretical precepts and practical skills consistent with marketing in a healthcare environment.
- Explain the relationship between cultural diversity and marketing in a global economy.
- Discuss the interrelationship between marketing and other functions, such as finance, accounting, and human resources.
- Examine marketing processes used in a variety of healthcare organizations.
- Develop a basic marketing plan that contains all essential elements ethical considerations.
- Explain the purposes and steps involved in a marketing audit of an organization.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of an existing marketing strategy.
Recommended: Prior completion of
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.