Development of planning strategies in healthcare organizations. Examination of planning methods from needs assessment through program design. Emphasis on strategic planning strategies.
- Discuss phases of the organizational life cycle and selected strategies for initiating change within a healthcare organization.
- Compare and contrast different types of organizational designs and their use in health care organizations.
- Differentiate between strategic planning and other types of planning;
- Examine the development of organizational vision, mission, short and long range goals.
- Identify methods to address salient health care industry trends useful for strategic planning.
- Describe planning processes used to develop healthcare organizations.
- Compare theoretical and practical strategic and tactical aspects of healthcare strategic planning and decision-making.
- Evaluate strategic alternatives for health care organizations.
Recommended: Prior completion of
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.