Introduction to continuous quality improvement in healthcare. Includes evaluation and risk management methods. Introduces outcome measurement and case management fundamentals. Introduces team development, analytical statistics, and process knowledge themes.
- Describe concepts and measures of healthcare quality and patient safety.
- Explain factors leading to a greater emphasis on quality measurement and improvement of care.
- Review tools used in healthcare quality measurement and improvement.
- Identify how healthcare delivery models are evaluated.
- Explain how risk management methods are used to anticipate, prevent and/or solve healthcare issues.
- List quality improvement and evaluation strategies with systems such as Six Sigma.
- Describe diverse perspectives used to address quality and safety issues in healthcare organizations.
- Discuss changes in healthcare delivery to achieve the Institute of Medicine’s goals to improve healthcare quality.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.