Foundational introduction to the healthcare management profession. Examination of the theories, principles, and styles related to leadership, administration, and management as applied to healthcare organizations. Focuses on evolving trends in management, management and leadership theories, and skills in planning, organizing, decision-making, staffing, leading, communicating and motivating health care personnel.
- Examine the theories, principles, and concepts related to leadership, administration, and management as applied in healthcare.
- Identify the components of the health care delivery system in the United States and factors that affect the management and operation of health care organizations.
- Distinguish the roles and leadership styles applicable within a variety of healthcare settings.
- Apply cultural competency strategies within healthcare organizations to support cultural, social, religious, racial, and ethnic equity and quality.
- Compare and contrast various interpersonal, communication, and team building strategies.
- Describe contemporary leadership challenges in healthcare systems and organizations.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.