Investigation and evaluation of strategies implemented to promote health in communities. Emphasis on community organization, coalition building, curriculum development, communication theory and technology, social marketing, mass media and ecological models. Critical analysis of interventions that implement each strategy through systematic analysis of public health literature.
- Identify and differentiate among: Community Organization, Theories of Organizational Change, Communication Theory, Social Marketing and Ecological Models.
- Explain and apply the constructs of each model to contemporary health behaviors.
- Compare and contrast the utility of each model in explaining the influences on health behaviors for communities.
- Explain behavioral determinants of health status.
- Describe various health promotion programs, their objectives and content.
- Illustrate how health promotion programs are implemented in a variety of settings, such as corporate, hospital, schools and community.
- Differentiate between environmental and behavioral strategies used to promote health.
- Evaluate the utility and efficacy of various strategies employed to promote one particular health behavior change.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.