Fundamentals of evaluation methods applied to public health interventions. Effective use of measurement tools to evaluate achievement of program goals and objectives. Includes analysis of validity and reliability of measurement instruments. Emphasis on reach, effectiveness, acceptance, implementation and maintenance of community programs. Includes fundamentals of proposal development.
- Create program evaluation components including pretests, posttests, comparative designs, control groups, reliability and validity.
- Evaluate the internal and external validity of a measurement instrument.
- Formulate the reliability of a measurement instrument.
- Construct the components of the RE-AIM framework for public health program evaluation.
- Design evaluation measurement instruments for each of the components of RE-AIM.
- Develop a proposal for a public health program in response to a request for proposals or applications.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.