Analysis of the health impact of home, workplace, community and global environments. Examines scientific understanding of causes and control of the major environmental health problems. Includes environmental pollutants; physical, chemical, and biological agents of environmental contamination; vectors for dissemination; solid hazardous waste; susceptible populations; biomarkers; and emerging global environmental problems.
- Define the major sources and types of environmental agents.
- Discuss the transport and fate of these agents in the environment.
- Identify the carriers or vectors that promote the transfer of these agents from the environment to the human.
- Describe how these agents interact with biological systems, and the mechanisms by which they exert adverse health effects.
- Use models for prediction of the magnitude of adverse effects in biological systems.
- Apply the steps in the risk-assessment and risk-management processes.
- Apply the steps in the regulatory process in terms of risk-assessment and risk-management.
- Evaluate current legislation and regulation regarding environmental issues.
- Assess current gaps in the current knowledge base concerning the health effects of environmental agents.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.