Summative, integrative experience drawing student curricular and related experiences together. Student initiated written project required addressing a significant health promotion challenge. Completed written project may be presented orally.
- Analyze the major issues in contemporary environmental health.
- Discuss how climate change and regional wars affect health throughout the world.
- Discuss the effects of environmental health on genetics.
- Discuss the ethics, legal, and justice issues involved in environmental health.
- Analyze the regional effects of air pollution, energy production, urbanization, transportation and water on the health of the people of a region.
- Discuss the impact of radiation, injuries, and workplace health and safety on individuals.
- Conduct a risk assessment of a local area.
- Plan to maintain and improve the environmental health of a local area.
- Analyze the local effects of solid and hazardous waste, pest control, pesticides, food safety, indoor air quality, and radiation on the health of a local area.
- Discuss legal and political solutions for maintaining a healthy environment.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.