Practical application of knowledge and skills required for a health promotion professional in a community agency. Students assigned to agencies according to interests, abilities, and availability of approved internship sites. Two month requirement.
Upon completion of the capstone course the student will demonstrate proficiency in the following program objectives at the beginning level:
- Demonstrate orally and in writing, knowledge and understanding of community health theory, and disciplinary concepts
- Use knowledge of the determinants of health behavior and health promotion in providing health prevention programs.
- Use effective verbal, nonverbal, and media communication techniquest to promote health programs for the community.
- Monitor health status to identify and sole community health problems
- Investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Educate and empower people to take action on health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans to support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link individuals to needed health care services and assume the planning for provision of health care when unavailable.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of individual and population-based health services.
- Critique and utilize research finding and research new ideas and innovative solutions to health care.
- Use increasingly complex technologies in an appropriate and cost-effective manner.
- Perform in ethically and culturally sensitive ways.
- Use professional standards and make a commitment to lifelong learning.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.