Methodologies to implement health promotion programs emphasized. Levels of intervention, from individual to society, are shown. Criteria for selecting methodologies presented.
- Define concepts of health promotion: individual, collective, organizational, community and societal levels.
- Analyze health promotion methods applied to a given setting or health issue.
- Distinguish between levels of prevention, intervention, and rehabilitation aimed at improving health status.
- Identify major health challenges throughout the lifespan, integrating consideration of gender, socioeconomic status and race variables amenable to health promotion programs.
- Explain the range of health promotion services involving downstream, midstream, and upstream target populations.
- Assess the interactions and interdependence of biological, psychological, social, and systems factors affecting health promotion target populations and health issues.
- Differentiate among macro and micro methodologies useful for specific health promotion problems.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.