Behavioral, environmental, and public policy factors affecting populations. Transportation, emigration, and immigration patterns affect health status. Substantial differences in health status among world’s population examined. Course presents a broad understanding of the global aspects of health promotion.
- Define ecological concepts of health promotion from a global perspective.
- Describe the major international health status indicators and their data sources.
- Assess the influence of the Ottawa Charter on health promotion programs in other countries.
- List major behavior change strategies used in selected countries.
- Explain the range of health promotion services at local, state, and national levels for selected countries.
- Compare and contrast the health status of selected countries according to behavioral, environmental, and policy factors.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.