Challenges to establishing and maintaining a physically active lifestyle in society examined. Physical, psychological, and social benefits of habitual physical activities considered. Public health impacts of sedentary living presented. Interventions to improve physical activity assessed.
- Describe how physical activity is incorporated into concepts and practices of governmental, non-profit, and private public health agencies, including schools.
- Compare and contrast concepts of physical activity and physical fitness.
- Compare and contrast benefits of physical activity and its environmental, social, and motivational impediments.
- List major health benefits of physical activity: Physiological, psychological, and social.
- Explain the range of services available at local, state, and national levels that promote physical activity.
- Assess the possibility of social norm change to include physical activity as a part of habitual pro-social health behaviors.
- Associate physical activity with other prosocial behaviors: healthy diets, limited alcohol intake, normal body mass index, no smoking.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.