Designed for entry-level professionals, covers the evolving profession of health promotion. Principles and practice of health promotion included. Essential core knowledge and skills considered. Health promotion’s link to other health and human service endeavors reviewed. Challenges to health promotion included.
- Analyze health promotion’s role within the ecology of public health.
- Describe the evolution of health promotion from health education, including the origins and contemporary status.
- Describe contributions of behavior to major causes of morbidity and mortality.
- Assess the contributions of the built and natural environment to behaviors affecting health.
- Explain the relationships among policies, behaviors, and environments with health outcomes.
- Illustrate broad influence of the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion on health promotion domestically and internationally.
- Assess the contribution of health promotion to the mission of public, non-profit, and private agencies.
- Evaluate potential and actual contributions health promotion makes to public health.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.