Focus is on providing an understanding of complementary and integrative therapies. The historical context and theoretical basis as well as the most recent scientific research and clinical applications will be explored. The most prevalent complementary therapies in use today will be discussed.
- Locate and evaluate internet sites on current complementary and alternative therapies.
- Discuss the evidence-base of alternative and integrative therapies.
- Identify evidence-based alternative medical therapies.
- Identify evidence-based complementary medical modalities.
- Identify evidence-based traditional ethno-medical systems.
- Discuss the integrated medical model.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.