An exploration of the biological, psychological and sociological aspects of human sexuality. Development of a personal sexual philosophy, informed personal choice, awareness, tolerance and respect for sexual diversity. Critical analysis of research, information and public policy regarding sexuality.
- Differentiate the structures and functions of the human reproductive systems.
- Examine human sexual development from fetal life through old age including gender identity development and sexual orientation.
- Contrast healthy human sexual relationships and behaviors with sexual problems,disorders and interpersonal abuse.
- Compare contemporary methods to prevent pregnancy and sexually transmissible infections.
- Distinguish the stages of fetal development, pregnancy and childbirth.
- Examine the history of policy and regulation to control sexuality including pornography, prostitution, sexual assault and marriage.
- Evaluate a contemporary public health issue related to sexuality.
- Appraise their own sexual health throughout their lifespan.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.