Drug Use and Abuse
Social, psychological, behavioral and physiological impacts of psychoactive drug use and abuse explored. Impacts of specific drugs on health status examined. Educational programs, public policy and treatment of addiction considered.
- Develop an analytical framework for examining drug use issues.
- Differentiate psychoactive drugs according to their classifications and properties.
- Distinguish the behavioral and physiological effects of classifications of psychoactive drugs.
- Compare the historic use and regulation of psychoactive drugs to contemporary drug use issues.
- Distinguish among addiction,substance use disorders, substance use and co-dependence.
- Distinguish addiction treatment options.
- Evaluate community-level interventions to prevent drug use, abuse and addiction.
- Examine their own relationship with psychoactive drugs throughout their lifespan
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.