Introduction to the emerging therapies and best supported scientific evidence in complementary and integrative healthcare. Covers systems and therapies including mind, body and spirit, traditional western healing, and ethnomedical systems from around the world. Includes legal and operational issues and explains how and why various therapies work in areas such as acupuncture, energy healing and mind-body therapies. Students will create a personal development plan for integrating learned principles towards lifelong practices for self-care and wellness.
- Compare and contrast the various modalities of complementary and integrative health through evidence based practices.
- Create evidence based health and healing strategies for self and others.
- Evaluate strategies for establishing methods of integrative care for cultural changes in society and healthcare organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of legal and operational issues in integrative medicine.
- Analyze how and why integrative health therapies work, particularly in areas such as acupuncture, energy healing, and mind-body therapies.
- Create a personal lifelong learning strategy for maintaining and promoting health and wellness using integrative healthcare practices.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.