Examination of environmental, economic and social benefits of green building. Specifically addresses the various methodologies that can be integrated into the built environment for energy savings while maintaining the highest indoor environmental quality. Specific strategies to secure LEED certification will be presented.
- Understand the impact of energy and material resources in built environment.
- Analyze the impact of energy and materials resources affect human performance and well being
- Examine the sustainable building concept through construction, commissioning, and occupancy phases
- Identify the effect of modern building technologies on sustainability concepts
- Develop rating systems for high performance buildings based on procedures developed by the US Green Building Council and other international organizations
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.