Supply chains are becoming more complex with increasing globalization while simultaneously becoming more fragile with leaner inventory buffers. This increases the risk of disruptions exponentially as additional suppliers and logistics providers are added, with potentially devastating financial impacts. However, simply applying cost management strategies are no longer comprehensive enough. This course will present traditional risk management techniques and alternatives including the new application of resilience to the business world. Throughout the course an interactive, competitive simulation will test individual knowledge and leadership skills that encompass MBA disciplines with emphasis on managing supply chain operations in a turbulent, global marketplace.
- Select proper risk management approaches within all four pillars: supply, process, demand and environment.
- Assess operational and financial impacts of unreliable suppliers and transportation carriers.
- Evaluate the benefits and limitations of emerging risk management tools and techniques.
- Develop a comprehensive supply chain strategy that properly integrates business concepts.
- Defend operational decisions as related to business strategy and resulting outcomes.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.