The ability to deliver the right products to the right customer at the right cost, the right time and the right quantity is mission-critical to any business’ success. Successful companies have turned this competency into a key competitive advantage. With most supply chains now spanning the globe several times over, a multitude of service providers, IT systems and distribution systems must all work in concert to deliver excellence. This course will provide the student with an in-depth understanding of the building blocks of transportation modes, warehousing techniques and the strategies companies employ to achieve a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Contrast the costs and values of establishing distribution networks.
- Describe the services of distribution centers and how their value-added activities integrate with specific distribution strategies.
- Explain cost and service features of each transportation mode and their role in creating winning distribution strategies.
- Employ information systems to aid in making distribution decisions.
- Compare performance metrics of alternative distribution networks.
- Appraise the cost and service trade-offs between inventory and transportation.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.