This course focuses on the fundamentals of planning as a primary input into the conception and execution of a robust supply chain architecture. Core facets of planning such as Resource capacity maximization, Supply and demand balancing, Forecast development, Service requirements, Internal and external plan collaboration, and Inventory optimization are discussed in detail. Using simulation and mathematical models as a basis, coupled with practical real life scenarios, this course connects the individual components of the production and inventory planning functions into an integrated supply chain strategy.
- Discuss the overall strategic importance of Supply Chain Planning.
- Demonstrate the value of planning as an effectiveness multiplier across the supply chain.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative of forecasting techniques.
- Identify the best forecasting method for a given data set.
- Employ a Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
- Describe the process of achieving the lowest Total Cost of Ownership.
- Compute the optimal inventory plan for a particular product.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.