Strategic Supply Management
Strategic Supply Management focuses on the fundamental principles, processes and strategies that are currently used by successful companies to manage their supply networks and significantly improve their bottom lines. This course provides strategic and comprehensive insights into the field of supply management by analyzing markets, suppliers and business needs. Concepts also include developing and implementing effective supply management strategies that balance quality, technology and delivery to achieve the lowest Total Cost of Ownership. The course puts a strategic focus on sourcing, price management and supplier relationship management with emphasis on risk management, by covering key knowledge and skills that are in demand today.
- Analyze potential suppliers and regional characteristics of supply markets.
- Apply a structured process to develop sourcing strategies.
- Assess supply risks.
- Describe supply risk mitigation strategies.
- Evaluate supplier relationships.
- Differentiate between price and cost in supply management.
- Evaluate the competiveness of prices paid to suppliers.
- Apply cost models to evaluate supplier prices and life-cycle costs.
- Select appropriate supply chain cost management strategies.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.