A survey of the fundamentals of management science. Emphasizes the concepts and mathematical techniques most useful in business and finance.
- Explain the management science approach to identification, analysis, decision, and implementation of problem solving.
- Identify, categorize and discuss management problems that can be analyzed by linear programming.
- Explain the importance of forecasting in organizations.
- Construct models for a variety of PERT/CPM.
- Describe the EOQ model and its variations or expansions.
- Illustrate the decision tree method of analysis for decision making under risk and under certainty and expected value.
- Demonstrate the transportation method to solve problems manually and with the northwest corner method
- Solve case problems using computer software.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.