Intro to Economics
Intro to Economics
Overview of basic macroeconomic and micro-economic principles to help students understand how individuals, firms, and government make economic choices. The course discusses the concepts of equilibrium, national income accounting, inflation, unemployment, business cycle, monetary and fiscal policies, the industrial organization, international trade and international finance.
- Explain the interaction of supply and demand in individual markets and how equilibrium price and quantity are determined.
- Explain the role of the private and the public sectors in our economy and the increasing importance of globalization.
- Explain the basic concepts of national income accounting.
- Describe and differentiate the classical, Keynesian and supply-side policy approaches toward achieving sustained economic growth.
- Discuss how price and output are determined in various types of market including the perfect competition, monopoly and oligopoly.
- Recognize how resource prices are determined with particular reference to the labor market.
- Discuss the basis for international trade, free trade and protection.
- Identify the fundamentals of exchange rate determination.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.