This course presents an overview of Financial System, Financial Markets, and Commercial Banking in the 1990s to the 21st century in the US and global setting. It covers asset and liability management problems for depository institutions including management issues, and performance analysis of non-depository entities. In addition, emphasis is placed on interest rates and interest rate risk management. International Bond Markets and new Issue Procedures in the Bond Market, digital money, and alternative electronic payment systems will also be discussed.
- Analyze the impact of globalization on financial management strategies and challenges of financial institutions.
- Analyze risks of financial institutions.
- Compare and contrast different types of financial institutions.
- Compare and contrast economic functions and intermediary services that financial institutions provide.
- Evaluate the factors that affect the Fed monetary Policy.
- Compare and contrast the differences in the assets and liabilities of the different depository institutions.
- Evaluate the effect of capital mix on a bank’s weighted average cost of capital.
- Analyze the trends in interest rates.
- Analyze the change and diversity in the global financial system.
- Evaluate the risk of globally securities transactions.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.