An examination of the basic financial problems facing an internationally oriented company, this course includes the structure and operations of the international financial system, foreign exchange rates, foreign exchange risks and their management, international sources of funds, international cash management, and basic instruments of international financial transactions (e.g., letters of credit, foreign currency contracts, foreign currency accounts, and banking facilities). Note: Students specializing in financial management may not take this course.
- Demonstrate the mechanisms of the international balance of payments.
- Evaluate the intricacies of export/import financing.
- Compare and contrast spot and futures foreign exchange markets and their importance in international trade and international financial transactions.
- Employ foreign exchange forecasting and use hedging methods to reduce foreign exchange risks.
- Assess the effectiveness of past and present international financial institutions in relation to global trade, finance, and investments.
- Integrate information technology into global financial activities and policies.
- Integrate business ethics into international financial strategies.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.