This course is an analysis leading to the appraisal and pricing of securities. It discusses the income generating ability of securities, forecasts of trends in the stock and bond markets, fundamental and technical analysis, application of Modern Portfolio Theory (MPT), analysis of active and passive investment strategies, and measurement of portfolio performance.
- Compare and contrast advantages and disadvantages to investors from various investment securities in their portfolios.
- Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of investing in global security markets.
- Evaluate of participants in global security markets maintaining ethical standards.
- Use valuation models to estimate the value of stocks, bonds, and derivative instruments.
- Analyze individual companies as to their financial condition, growth prospects, and relative valuation.
- Construct a portfolio that meets an investor’s risk and return objectives and satisfies investment constraints.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.