This course extends and expands the materials covered in FIN609A. The topics covered in this course include strategic financing decisions such as capital structure and dividend policy decisions; tactical financing decisions such as initial public offerings, financial restructuring, and lease financing; short-term financial management such as cash, inventory, and receivables management; and special topics such as risk management, bankruptcy, reorganization and liquidation, corporate mergers, and multinational financial management.
- Analyze complex financial data for making effective decisions.
- Apply capital structure theory and develop appropriate dividend policy for making effective financing decisions.
- Plan public offerings in compliance with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations.
- Compare and contrast the use of lease financing, warrants, and convertible securities in evaluating a firm’s financing options.
- Synthesize working capital management practices into plans for effective management of cash, inventory, and receivables.
- Analyze the financial environment in which a firm operates, evaluate the corporate risk, and use effective risk management techniques to minimize risk.
- Analyze derivatives and their uses in hedging a firm’s market exposure.
- Analyze real options and decision trees and their use in corporate financial management.
- Describe business failures and bankruptcies, explain their causes, and recommend remedies to deal with business failures and bankruptcies.
- Apply analytical techniques to evaluate mergers, leverage buyouts, (LBO), and divestitures.
- Identify additional factors that should be taken into consideration in financial management of multinational corporations.
- Apply generally accepted ethical standards to financial transactions.
- Analyze specific cases and situations, utilize financial management knowledge to identify problems and issues, and make recommendations to effectively deal with the situations.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.