This course is an introduction to finance for students with knowledge of accounting fundamentals but with no previous exposure to the subject of finance. Topics in this two-week course include security markets, time value of money, short-term and long-term financing, and working capital management. Grading is S or U only.
- Understand the nature and importance of financial management for decision-making.
- Apply the concept of time value of money in evaluating various financing alternatives.
- Utilize the concept of working capital in analyzing the stability of the company.
- Understand and apply the concepts of cash and marketable securities management.
- Comprehend and apply the concepts of Accounts Receivable and Inventory management.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.