Finance and Banking
Overview the banking system, and the role of money and interest rates in the economy. Topics include: today’s financial and monetary controversies, role of banking system in the economy; banking regulations; financial instruments and their purposes; asset pricing, the determination and behavior of interest rates; the monetary base and the money supply framework; the role of the Federal Reserve system in the determination of money supply, interest rates, and economic goals; the effect of money and credit on output, employment, and inflation.
- Explain what money is, its functions and the demand for money.
- Describe the role and functions of the Federal Reserve System.
- Discuss the issue of the stability of money demand.
- Explain how the economy behaves during a recession and discuss policy operation available.
- Discuss the general banking environment.
- Explain why banks must maintain a minimum capital-asset ratios.
- Discuss the fundamental problems of financial intermediation.
- Understand the global aspects of banking and their impacts.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.