This is a capstone course for students specializing in the area of finance. It exposes students to a wide range of finance related topics, including issues affecting the current financial environment of business firms. The course integrates material from previous courses taken in the finance concentration and introduces the topics of capital budgeting and the process of obtaining long-term funds.
- Articulate the principles and tenets of a significant, contemporary issues relevant to financial decision-making.
- Apply research skills and use recognized finance and business publications and journals for analysis purposes.
- Integrate critical-thinking skills in evaluating significant contemporary financial issues.
- Analyze a capital budgeting project using the net present value and internal rate of return techniques and provide a supportable recommendation.
- Estimate the cost of capital for a firm.
- Analyze competing long-term financing alternative and provide a supportable recommendation.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.