The course is an overview of the broad spectrum of financial planning, including activities such as producing a comprehensive plan to meet the client’s needs and goals for sound financial management, gathering of client information, analyzing client objectives, and using communication skills essential to obtaining quantitative and qualitative client data. It also acquaints students with the importance of retirement and estate planning and tax management.
- Construct and evaluate individual financial statements.
- Analyze clients’ financial management needs, such as the following: Risk preference, Liquidity needs, Psychological characteristics, Interview and data gathering, Life Cycle considerations, Managing risk and return. Plan for client goals including: Time horizon considerations, Social security and retirement, Education funding, Tax planning coordination, Estate planning concerns, Special client needs,
- Design financial forecasts.
- Design cash flow projections.
- Calculate Pro-forma financial projections.
- Formulate insurance programming for clients.
- Describe individual risk management.
- Analyze disability insurance needs programming.
- Design program for client asset acquisition and the use of debt.
- Reorganize the role of related regulations, practice standards and ethics of business planning.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.