International Financial Mgmt
An examination of the international aspects of corporate finance and investing, the course covers balance of payments, foreign exchange with emphasis on exchange rate determination, exchange risk, hedging, and interest arbitrage, international money and capital markets, international financing, and international banking.
- Analyze the operations of international financial markets, including: basic organization; characteristic of spot, forward, futures, and options trading; Interbank trading; exchange risk management; details of arbitrage processes; linkages to other markets; details of trading at futures and options exchanges; central bank intervention and government regulation.
- Evaluate the workings and mechanics of the international balance of payments.
- Outline the intricacies of export/import financing.
- Apply foreign exchange forecasting and use hedging methods to reduce foreign exchange risks.
- Assess the effectiveness of past and present international financial institutions in relation to global trade, finance, and investments.
- Formulate international working capital management, especially sort-term financing alternatives, financing foreign trade, current asset management, transfer pricing and intercorporate flows.
- Compare and contrast spot and futures foreign exchange markets operate and integrate their importance in international trade and international financial transactions.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.