A survey of principles and practices in the field of investments, the course covers the valuation of corporate securities of multinational and domestic corporations, portfolio theory, and the measurement of portfolio performance. Emphasizes the role of return and risk in valuing stocks, bonds, options, and in constructing portfolios.
- Compare and contrast various forms of investments.
- Analyze the level of risk involved and the potential for income or capital appreciation.
- Predict market conditions and the effect of regulatory intervention on U.S. and international economics.
- Formulate ongoing analysis of the market versus other forms of investments, such as real estate, gold and other bullion.
- Plan investment goals keeping in mind risk, age, and estate planning needs.
- Describe the mechanics of the modern securities marketplace.
- Analyze individual companies regarding their financial condition and future growth proposals.
- Establish and monitor a model portfolio giving initial reasons for the investments as well as an evaluation of performance based on the text and current market conditions.
- Discuss the mechanics of the modern securities marketplace.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.