Economics and Philosophy
Students will learn about the relationship between philosophy and economics. They will study the philosophic foundations of market process economics, as well as other economic ideas. They will learn about the link between ethics and economics, as well as about the important role businesses play in the economy. Students will study topics such as why businessmen should be honest, the nature of antitrust laws, the virtue of integrity, the nature of government and rights, among others.
- Explain why businessmen should be honest and moral.
- Integrate various philosophic and economic ideas.
- Compare various philosophic ideas with each other and relate them to economics.
- Apply philosophic ideas to better understand existing economic systems.
- Analyze current events using philosophic and economic ideas.
- Explain the role of property rights in an economy.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.