Seminar on Capitalism
This course provides a basic understanding of capitalism and market process economics. Students will learn about the nature and importance of capitalism, wealth and its role in human life, natural resources and the environment, the division of labor and production, the price system and economic coordination and price controls. Additionally, students will also be able to compare and contrast other economic systems.
- Explain the cross-cultural differences of market process economics
- Explain the coordinating functions of the price system
- Evaluate the role that wealth plays in human existence
- Evaluate the basic components of Keynesian economics
- Evaluate economies based on their competitiveness
- Demonstrate the ability to use online resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.