This course deals with theories and explanations of economic growth from the positive economics point of view. The framework of analysis derives from factor accumulation and productivity including physical and human capital and population, measurement of productivity, role of technology, efficiency, the open economy, distribution of income, and other factors such as culture, geography and natural resources.
- Analyze economic growth of a nation using standard economic tools such as factor accumulation and productivity
- Analyze the pattern of growth in the post-industrial era
- Analyze the role of government in economic growth
- Evaluate the impact of technology on economic growth
- Analyze growth and income distribution
- Evaluate the impact of globalization on the growth of developed and developing economies
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.