The first course in a two course sequence. Audits of financial statements by Certified Public Accountants. Topics include: professional ethics, legal liability, planning of audit engagements, internal control, EDP and sampling.
- Apply generally accepted auditing standards as promulgated by the American Institute of CPAs.
- Assess the risks that management’s financial statements may be materially misstated either because of unintentional error or fraud.
- Evaluate an audit client’s internal control environment and document the strengths and weaknesses of that environment.
- Apply analytical procedures in the planning stage of the audit, during the audit as substantive tests, and in the overall review stage of the audit.
- Evaluate various types of evidence to support management’s financial statement assertions.
- Plan and perform appropriate tests of controls and substantive tests of details for the audit of major balance sheet accounts and their related income statement accounts.
- Apply ethical standards and rules of conduct promulgated by the American Institute of CPAs.
- Assess the auditor’s responsibilities identified in the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.