Study of the statutory provisions, judicial doctrines,and implementation of the theory and practice of federal income taxation of ‘C’ corporations, ‘S’ corporations, and partnerships.
- Evaluate the tax advantages and disadvantages of forming alternative forms of business entities
- Assess the rules for determining a domestic Subchapter C corporation’s taxable income, loss, and tax liabilities.
- Evaluate the tax ramifications for the formation, disposition or exchange in partnership interest.
- Judge applicable tax rules to use in liquidating a partnership.
- Discriminate the rationals for filing a consolidated tax return.
- Evaluate the tax consequences of liquidating distributions, non-liquidating distributions, tax levies, reorganization, acquisitions, divestitures, and the dissolution of the corporation.
- Appraise the requirements for a Subchapter S election and the tax rules applicable to S corporations and their shareholders.
- Evaluate the basis of an S corporation shareholder’s interest.
- Integrate ethical guidelines in analyzing tax strategies for business and other entities.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.