The third course of a comprehensive three-course sequence covering a substantial portion of U.S. financial reporting principles known as GAAP, accounting for earnings per share, deferred income taxes, pensions, investments, changes and errors, the statement of cash flows, and full disclosures.
- Measure earnings per share and account for convertible debt and equity securities, stock warrants, and stock based compensation plans.
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles for investments in debt and equity securities under both the equity and fair value method, including those classified as trading securities, available for sale, and held-to-maturity.
- Apply the proper concepts to accounting for deferred income taxes.
- Analyze and measure pension plan and other employee-benefit obligations, including financial statement presentation and disclosure.
- Describe the nature of accounting changes and errors, and apply accounting and reporting practices for each type of change and correction.
- Apply the theory upon which the statement of cash flows is based to prepare cash flow statements and, upon completion, evaluate the company from the viewpoint of its sources and uses of cash and cash equivalents.
- Apply the concept of full disclosure required in the presentation of financial statements under U.S. GAAP, including segment and interim reporting.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.